Primer is a synth built for learning. Included as part of Syntorial (the award-winning synthesizer training app), it contains the most common controls found on most subtractive/analogue synths, allowing for a wide variety of patches and sounds, while presenting a simple and easy-to-understand interface and layout.
You can try the fully enabled standalone version by downloading the free Syntorial Demo, and selecting Options -> Launch Standalone Synth. Or, if you’re an iPad user, you can download Primer from the App Store.
If you’d like to use Primer in your DAW (Logic, Ableton, etc), the VST/AU version is included with your purchase of Syntorial.
- Subtractive synthesis
- Three Oscillators (Two with Waveform, Pitch, Pulse Width, and Mix controls, and a Sub oscillator with Waveform and Volume controls)
- Saw, Pulse, Triangle and Sine waveforms
- FM knob
- Noise Oscillator
- Oscillator Sync
- Filter (Low, Band and High Pass) with Resonance and Key Tracking
- ADSR Filter Envelope
- ADSR Amp Envelope
- AD Modulation Envelope
- LFO with four waveforms, seven destinations, rate, amount, trigger, and mono/poly modes
- Mono, Legato and Poly Voice Modes
- Unison with Voice, Detune and Spread controls
- Ring Modulation
- Distortion, Chorus, Phaser, Delay, and Reverb effects
- Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel and Velocity controls