Richard MillerRmiller91
    Participant

Bassline throughout

@0:03 seconds there is a backing “rip” sound

Any help on this would be awesome!

June 23, 2020 at 2:01 pm #35866
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

The ripping sound sounds like a combination of white noise and a very high pitched square wave.

The bassline is a little trickier. Try starting with this:

Oscillator: Pulse wave, medium width. Two-voice Unison, pretty wide, with just enough detune to hear the two voices on the left and right sides.

Filter: 24 dB LowPass. Turn the Cutoff down pretty far to get a nice round sound. Crank the Drive. Boost the Res. Then modulate the Cutoff with…

Filter Envelope: Zero sustain, medium-fast Decay and Release. Turn up the modulation amount until you get a nice bright attack transient. Then modulate the Decay and Release times with…

LFO: Sine wave, veeeery slow. The idea here is that as you play one bass note after another, some will have a very fast decay, others will have a medium decay. You won’t need much amount here. Tweak it until you get the desired amount of modulation.

Distortion: Experiment with distortion types, but you’ll want a pretty nasty one, with a pretty heavy amount. Turn it up until you get the desired amount of anger.

Distortion patches like these require a lot of tweaking. So be prepared to really play around with Cuttof, Res, Envelope amounts, etc. Lots of tweaking.

July 23, 2020 at 3:20 am #36242
        Richard MillerRmiller91
        Participant

Wow. I am genuinely impressed. I think you’re right on the lower bass notes. I just gotta tweak to taste – i’ll tinker 🙂

Just gotta try and figure out that supporting distorted laser bass

Thank you so much for your efforts.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.