• June 29, 2021 at 5:19 pm #43786
    Akindele Akinbanjoakindeleakinbanjo
    Participant

Hi Joe could you please Show me how to obtain the lead in this sound. it states from 3 seconds to about 22 seconds.
      Thank you

The Track is called Chick like you Raphael Sadiqq

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by akindeleakinbanjo.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: Embedded youtube video
      July 7, 2021 at 9:52 am #43968
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

This may be a Mellotron, but you can get pretty close with a synth. Try this:

Oscillator: Saw wave

Filter: 24 dB Lowpass. Give it a little bit of res to narrow the sound a bit. Bring the Cutoff down a decent amount to get a rounder sound. Then modulate it with…

Filter Envelope: Bring the Sustain to 0, and set the Decay to a pretty fast rate around 350 ms, and then apply just a little modulation amount. This adds just a subtle brightening on the start of each note.

Amp Envelope: Quick Attack around 130 ms to give the start of each a note kind of blownfeel. Bring the Sustain down about halfway and set the Decay to around 1 second. This creates a sudden drop in volume after the Attack, creating an expressive blown-like feel.

Noise: We’re going to create a flute-like attack transient on the beginning of the note. Route a separate envelope to the Noise volume, and set its Sustain to 0, and give it a medium-fast Decay around 1 second. Experiment with different Noise types until you find that sounds right. You may want to pitch the Noise down to make it darker.

July 7, 2021 at 12:49 pm #43971
        Akindele Akinbanjoakindeleakinbanjo
        Participant

Hi Joe, I just wanted to thank you for your response in answering my Question, regarding my Patch request. Once again thank for taking the time to help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.