August 18, 2018 at 12:10 pm #17856 test
I’m a big fan of classic lead sound of the early nintendo music era. So here’s my request, I’m trying to replicate the lead at 1min45 and I need your help, I have no idea where to start.August 18, 2018 at 12:29 pm #17860 testAugust 22, 2018 at 9:47 am #18090 testKeymaster
How It’s Made
August 22, 2018 at 5:18 pm #18107 test
- Oscillator: Two saws, one detuned up 3 cents to create some mild pulsation
- Unison: 4 voice, pretty strong Detune (around 12:30). Sending the two detuned saws into this Unison creates a much larger, almost 8-voice-like pulsation
- Filter: Low Pass, with a little key tracking to keep things bright when playing higher notes. Cutoff around Noon, though the true brightness will be set by…
- Filter Envelope: Small amount (knob around 10:00), max sustain, and a pretty quick 20 ms attack. This creates a subtle horn-like fatness on the attack transient.
- Portamento: Just a tad, around 17ms. Puts a little bend between notes
- Delay: Put some space behind this, with 1/16th Time, Feedback at noon, Mix at about 18% Wet
Thank you Joe! I’m glad you awnsered my request!
I feel it’s pretty close to the lead on the track!September 23, 2018 at 6:52 am #20337 testOctober 12, 2018 at 8:48 am #20781 test
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.