• July 28, 2021 at 4:39 am #44183
    Marcin BMarcin B
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to recreate the synth from this song.

The sound I’m looking for is the one which song starts with. There is also higher range around 0:29 which sounds really good
      It kinda sounds like pluck, but I’ve found simiilar synths to this under the name “organ bass”

I’m still novice, haven’t done syntorial fully but I just can’t stop thinking about this sound and I really want to recreate it.
      Would be really grateful for help to get started
      Cheers

July 29, 2021 at 6:21 am #44191
      Marcin BMarcin B
      Participant

I can’t find edit function here

It just came to me after listening to this song: The sound at the beginning seems different than the one starting at 0:29. It’s like the first one is some organ bass, and second one is some kind of pluck. I’m interested in the second sound, the pluck

Kinda embarrasing I’ve came to this realization so late lol

August 4, 2021 at 9:41 am #44247
        Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
        Keymaster

Try this:

Oscillator 1: Square

Oscillator 2: Square, one octave lower, and much quieter than Osc 1.

Filter: 24 dB Lowpass. Bring Cutoff down far enough to round it a bit but not so far that it becomes muffled. Bring up the Res a bit. Then modulate the Cutoff with…

Filter Envelope: Just a small amount. Very fast Decay/Release around 90 ms, 0 Sustain. We’re just looking for a little attack transient.

Amp Envelope: Standard pluck shape. 0 Sustain, and quick Decay Release around 250 ms.

Reverb: Big size, pretty wet.

1 user thanked author for this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.