• January 3, 2020 at 5:13 pm #31843
    Daniel Eckhartdanieleckhart
    Participant

I’m trying to get a stalled project restarted and need the patch for the solo here:

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

January 9, 2020 at 11:09 am #31989
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Sounds like a clarinet-style patch. Try this:

Oscillator: Pulse wave, with the Pulse Width just shy of full square. Layer in a bit of white noise to give it that airy woodwind sound.

Amp Envelope: Very short Attack so that it swells in quickly. Bring the Sustain down a bit and set a quick Decay. Altogether this will create a soft- air-blown attack transient. Set a quick Release, so that the note cuts off quickly when we let go of the key, but in a natural non-abrupt way.

Filter: Lowpass. Turn the cutoff down until you get the desired roundness. Boost the res a bit to give it a slight nasal-ness. Then bump up the key tracking so the sound gets brighter as you play higher.

Filter Envelope: Max Sustain, with a short Release, and just a bit of modulation amount. This will help our amp envelope’s quick Release sound more natural.

Chorus: Light and slow, to create some movement, make it less static. Start with 50% wet and adjust from there.

Reverb: The recording reverb may just be from the stadium. But you can add some reverb to match.

January 11, 2020 at 3:58 pm #32022
        Daniel Eckhartdanieleckhart
        Participant

Thanks a lot! Now I’m having so much fun playing and tweaking it, I may never get anything done again!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.