• August 14, 2019 at 2:34 pm #28856
    Huib van der LindenHuib van der Linden
    Participant

Hello !
      I’m trying to recreate a bass sound by Christian Löffler from the track Krone.
      Purchasing the stems helped a lot to narrow the sound down but I haven’t really nailed it yet and could use some help.
      This is what I have at the moment, the first bit is the original, after that follows my attempt.

The first bit is pretty close, but the wobbly part is not really there yet and I’m not quite sure how to improve it.
      Right now it’s made up of 2 instances of Serum both playing a G# Added those as an attachment.

Attachments:
      August 20, 2019 at 12:33 pm #28911
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

It sounds really close. I think the difference with the second sound is only the speed of the stuttering. I’m assuming you’re using an LFO for that? Have you tried increasing the rate?

August 21, 2019 at 12:13 pm #28923
        Huib van der LindenHuib van der Linden
        Participant

It sounds really close. I think the difference with the second sound is only the speed of the stuttering. I’m assuming you’re using an LFO for that? Have you tried increasing the rate?

Thank you for the response!
          Syntorial might have turned me into a perfectionist haha.
          I’m indeed using an LFO on the oscillator’s level for the stuttering, increasing the rate indeed helped. I also lowered the oscillator one octave and changed the amp enveloped to get a more ‘trumpet like’ sound.
          I’m not quite sure if the stutter LFO should be on the filter cutoff instead of the osc level. I find it very hard to hear. What do you think ?
          Thanks again!

August 21, 2019 at 12:16 pm #28925
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

Sometimes, especially at this fast speed, the difference is so subtle, it doesn’t really matter. But, it sounds more like filter modulation to me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.