• January 10, 2021 at 11:56 am #40137
    Khalid AliKhalid Ali
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to recreate this PAD on DIVA. Link below, comes in the track starts at 1:25 and the filter gradually open on it.

So I tried a saw wave with a 24dB low pass filter applied so none of the high buzzing frequencies of the saw come in. ALso put an envelope on the filter cutoff with a slow attack and quick decay. I think this pad is a chord, however its pitch changes which has me confused. Is it two chords played in succession with legato on? Seems to be the same envelope, it doesn’t re-trigger

Can hear it clearer in the breakdown at 3:45

Also there is some sort of LFO being applied to Volume or Filter not sure. My sound didn’t really come very close.

Need some help on this. I think a second set of ears is required.

THANKS

January 22, 2021 at 2:31 pm #40316
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Try this:

Oscillators: Two osc, one saw, the other pulse with medium pulse width. Both with a wide 4-voice (maybe more?) unison, with enough detune to make it vibrate.

Filter: 24dB lowpass, cutoff around noon, and a heavy amount of resonance to give it an almost throaty vowel shape.

LFO: Modulate the volume with a triangle or sine wave. Adjust the rate until it matches the recording.

Notes: It’s hard to tell what’s going on with the notes at 1:25. Sometimes it sounds like they’re changing, but I can’t really tell. In the later example at 3:45 it sounds like their just holding a root position Dbmin7 chord.

January 24, 2021 at 8:29 am #40345
        Khalid AliKhalid Ali
        Participant

Nice, I did actually get close thanks!

I also think it is just a Dbmin 7 chord, but there is something done on the reverb tail or there is a subtle effect on the synth, that when the chord releases (lift your hands) it seems as it changes notes.

At least I think so, but im sure there is neat subtle trick hiding in there 🙂

January 27, 2021 at 11:51 am #40415
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

I know what you mean. It’s a mystery…..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.