• April 14, 2021 at 8:33 am #41929
    Bruce GeddesBruce Geddes
    Participant

Would love some guidance on how to create this patch:

It is beautiful – I expect a load of the sound is coming from extensive automation

• This topic was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: Embedded youtube video
      April 28, 2021 at 12:07 pm #42256
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Are you referring to the lead patch that starts fading in around 0:18?

April 29, 2021 at 6:45 pm #42302
        Bruce GeddesBruce Geddes
        Participant

Exactly – it opens up throughout the track – initially i expect just done on a filter directly on the track. Might be the same patch at 2.08 in a higher octave, or possibly a variant of the same patch. It appears highly responsive to the key, so key tracking (?) set to high i think, but possibly some other things going on. As it is Ben, likely to all be done on Diva, so not crazy complex.

May 12, 2021 at 10:33 am #42641
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

Simple and really beautiful patch. I used Sylenth1, but you can use almost any synth that has a nice warm analog-style filter. Try this:

Oscillator: Saw

Filter: 24 dB Lowpass. Set the Cutoff around Noon. Bring up the Drive to warm things up, and give it a decent amount of Res to give that pointed shape.

LFO: Apply some subtle modulation to the Cutoff. Just a small amount, at a slow rate. A random-shaped waveform would work best here as I’m not noticing a concrete pattern. But a slow Sine should also get the job done. We’re just looking for slow and subtle cutoff movement

Amp Envelope: Bump up the Attack so that the note quickly swells in, and gives it a quick reverse-ish sounding attack transient. Note, that some synths will not start the amp envelope over when you play legato, even if Legato mode is off. So you may have to put a little separation between notes.

Reverb: Big space, just a little wet.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.