• August 8, 2020 at 11:26 am #36601
    YANIV OSSYYANIV OSSY
    Participant

hi i am use moog sub 37 and i want to create the bass arp that on the track , and what is the efx that he put to make it wide.

tnx

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by YANIV OSSY.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: YT Vid
      August 12, 2020 at 10:41 am #36663
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Oscillator 1

• Waveform: Medium Pulse

Oscillator 2

• Waveform: Medium Pulse
        • Pitch: 1 Octave lower

Unison

• Note: Unison is the best way to get width. However, like in the Sub 37’s case, Unison may not be an option. So instead, you’d want to double the track, pan one track left and the other right, and very slightly raise the pitch of one of the synths. This is essentially what Unison is doing anyway
        • Voices: 2
        • Width: 100%
        • Detune: Just enough to allow the voices to spread out

Amp Envelope

• Description: Pluck shape.
        • Sustain: 0
        • Decay/Release: 340 ms

Filter

• Type: Lowpass
        • Slope: 24 dB
        • Cutoff: Turn down pretty far, so that’s it’s a nice round bass sound. This will be modulated in the upcoming Filter Envelope

Filter Envelope

• Description: Same exact pluck shape and settings as the Amp Envelope.
        • Mod Amount: Turn it up until it sounds right.
        • You’ll probably have to go back and forth between Mod Amount and Cutoff to get this right
        August 16, 2020 at 12:05 pm #36707
        Abraham Quilcaarquilca
        Participant

This was my attempt using Tal-NoiseMaker. I actually started my attempt using a different synth, but wasn’t getting it close enough to the sound as the other synth didn’t have controls over the pulse width.

Attachments:
          August 19, 2020 at 10:46 am #36921
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

Few things:

1. Your pulse width in Osc 1 is set to Square. Turn it to about 2:00 to get a medium pulse width

2. In Noisemaker, Osc 2 doesn’t have pulse width control. Instead it’s an FM knob, which you had cranked, which really changed the sound. I would turn the FM off, and switch to a Saw. Saw is closest thing to a medium pulse width sound

3. Elongate the Amp envelope Decay and Release a bit.

4. Bump up the filter envelope amount (contour)

August 22, 2020 at 8:56 pm #36973
            Abraham Quilcaarquilca
            Participant

Cool. Thanks for the feedback, Joe. I think it’s time for me to finish the Syntorial tutorials before I continue botching these patches, lol 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.