Forum Replies Created

  • In reply to: dBridge – Gen 19 – background pad

    December 18, 2018 at 6:06 pm #22557
    mstaicumstaicu
    Participant

    I don’t usually use the Drive option. I’m not sure what are the use cases, or some industry standard practices when it comes to this option.

    Coming back to the topic of discussion, I feel like my attempt has a ‘muddy’ or ‘hairy’ sound, compared to dBridge’s pad. His sounds clean and clear, mine sounds too muddy. Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

    In reply to: dBridge – Gen 19 – background pad

    December 16, 2018 at 10:49 am #22472
    mstaicumstaicu
    Participant

    Playing a C# minor, with the fifth inverted.

    Analog Live 9

    And here is the resulting sound. On a different note (pun intended), should I try to switch away from my 100% usage of Ableton’s Analog when trying to recreate synth sounds? I always feel like I’m missing out, since I get such “cold” and “digital” sounds from build in soft synths.

    mstaicumstaicu
    Participant

    Hi Antonio, you might want to learn the primitive operations before proceeding further on how they all work together. Divide and conquer, and you may want to start here: https://patches.zone/compression-guide/

    In reply to: How to: Pad / melody tones

    September 8, 2018 at 5:32 pm #19856
    mstaicumstaicu
    Participant

    The breakdown of the patch thought process is simply amazing! This is, by far, the closest anyone (that I know) managed to come by. Wish I could present this to Jean Frank Cochois, if he would be reachable from the general public, but I for one want to really thank you for your effort Joe!

    In reply to: PATCH CHALLENGE: House Organ

    August 30, 2018 at 3:30 pm #18556
    mstaicumstaicu
    Participant

    Here is my attempt, according to the Serum patch instructions. I must confess that I’m not sure if F major is the right chord, but according to the timber that I obtain, it should make little difference. Ableton’s Analog was used in applying the Serum patch.

    You can listen to the chord here: https://www72.zippyshare.com/v/YygiM0Ge/file.html

    I am well aware of the huge difference between my timber and the original one, but I would love suggestions on how to get that sound in Analog.

    Thank you!

    Attachments:

    In reply to: PATCH CHALLENGE: House Organ

    August 27, 2018 at 3:13 pm #18373
    mstaicumstaicu
    Participant

    I’m still wondering why I can’t manage to reproduce this sound, given the instructions, in Ableton’s Analog synth. I rarely can recreate anything in that synthesizer, it just has its own sound. Either that or I just can’t manage to program it.

    In reply to: Trying to figure out how this Bass Patch is made

    August 27, 2018 at 2:35 pm #18363
    mstaicumstaicu
    Participant

    Hi Dannye. To my ears, that sounds like a heavily saturated sine wave bass, also referred to “distorted 808 bass” on the web. Fanu did a few good tutorials on this topic. It is also something quite frequently used in drum and bass and trap music. I ask the community to correct me if I’m wrong.

    In reply to: Need help with a patch.

    August 27, 2018 at 2:25 pm #18360
    mstaicumstaicu
    Participant

    Also, one more thing, what are the best practices for pitches when it comes to such sounds? I always get a big mess of a sound that is both taking up space and it sounds muddy. I’m usually playing the classical triads.

    In reply to: Need help with a patch.

    August 27, 2018 at 2:17 pm #18356
    mstaicumstaicu
    Participant

    That’s simply great Joe! Do you think we could add an extra request for the MIDI notes or the notes played? I find that sharing a patch is more or less 90% of the way, but it’s missing the other 10%. Like with any instrument, the notes convey different emotion with different pitches.