• December 24, 2019 at 12:34 am #31657
    Zane ShawZane Shaw
    Participant

Hi, I’d like to find an experienced & trusted synth programming teacher. I already study privately with a very highly-respected classical composition instructor, which has made me curious about the same possibility for synth programming. I’d like to have a fundamentally sound understanding of the skill overall – I am not concerned about cost or the time investment (I am already expecting it to take a few years, at the least. A lifetime to master, of course).

I have already looked at college courses but none really impressed me; the curriculum is basic and a classroom setting can never have as much depth to it as 1-on-1. This is why I study composition privately, and why I wish to study synth programming privately too.

It may be worth noting that I am primarily interested in the sort of synth programming of artists like Daft Punk & Hideki Matsutake (Yellow Magic Orchestra, Logic System); rich, highly refined 70s esque timbres. I’m not interested in dubstep, complextro, future bass, electro etc. whatsoever.

If this is not the place to ask, where is?

Thank you!

December 24, 2019 at 1:06 am #31658
      Zane ShawZane Shaw
      Participant

I should clarify too – I am looking for someone stellar! College courses are no substitute whatsoever for such an experience – I feel silly for making it seem like a college curriculum was an adequate comparison. That is not what I am looking for whatsoever!

I am looking to truly invest years & serious effort into this. My composition mentor has the deepest knowledge of music of anyone that I’ve known (I learned infinitely more in our first hour lesson than in my entire degree program), has studied music for over 60 years with 30 years of teaching under his belt, & comes from the line of Nadia Boulanger’s pupils. The lessons are not cheap as a result, but the education is priceless. If I could find his synth teacher counterpart then all the better.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.