• February 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm #47170
    bez bezzabez bezza
    Participant

do you know any techniques for this kind of sound? which waveforms would these use? they sound subtractive to me

is it a question of gear, they sound analog but can it be done on a vst?

do you know any presets like this?

is it about the notes they play too? can you tell if these are major or minor?

any help would be appreciated

here is another song with a similar sound

February 25, 2022 at 3:24 pm #47231
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

You could make these pads with subtractive waveforms. I’d experiment with Saw and Pulse waves.

The most important design aspect for these sounds will be the Filter. You’ll want to use a Lowpass filter and really experiment with the Cutoff and Resonance parameters.

There’s also some movement which you can achieve with unison or a Chorus effect.

Yes, they can be done with a VST. If it feels a little “cold” to you, see if the filter has a “Drive” parameter. Turn it up to get a little analog-style warmth.

Both songs sound like they’re in a Minor key.

February 27, 2022 at 6:31 am #47245
        bez bezzabez bezza
        Participant

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by bez bezza.
          • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by bez bezza.
          February 27, 2022 at 6:32 am #47248
          bez bezzabez bezza
          Participant

You could make these pads with subtractive waveforms. I’d experiment with Saw and Pulse waves.

The most important design aspect for these sounds will be the Filter. You’ll want to use a Lowpass filter and really experiment with the Cutoff and Resonance parameters.

There’s also some movement which you can achieve with unison or a Chorus effect.

Yes, they can be done with a VST. If it feels a little “cold” to you, see if the filter has a “Drive” parameter. Turn it up to get a little analog-style warmth.

Both songs sound like they’re in a Minor key.

thanks a lot! i managed to get kinda close with uhe ace, pulse waves in unison with chorus, drive and a horn sample layered, the second song is the synth on its own

March 9, 2022 at 5:27 pm #47330
            Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
            Keymaster

Nice! I like the addition of the horn sample. Try bringing the cutoff down a bit more, turning up the resonance a bit, and increasing the unison detune to get a bit more movement.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags