• August 28, 2021 at 2:09 am #44476
    Seb RattansenSeb Rattansen
    Participant

Hi guys

I’m trying to recreate this pad. I think it’s fairly straight forward and I’ve got about 60% of the way there but there is something missing and I’m not sure what. The track is Tillman Uhrmacher – On the Run and if you go to 2m 30 to 2m 36s you can hear the 4 bar loop of the pad.

I believe the notes are D2 for two bars, C2 for one bar and then E2 for the final bar.

In Ableton I have a wavetable with a shape between a square and saw with a low pass filter on at about 162hz. Unison is turned on with 5 voices. I have added a ‘big room’ reverb (41% wet) and a chorus-ensamble (37% wet).

I can’t figure out how to capture the…for lack of a better description ‘Enya’ nature of the pad. Kinda atmospheric uplifting warm sunniness?? I have the Arturia collection but have no idea which synth in that pack would have the feature I need to make it sound like this pad. And all the presets I’ve tried don’t get close. Help welcome 🙂

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Seb Rattansen.
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Seb Rattansen.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: Embed YT Vid
    Attachments:
    September 8, 2021 at 9:23 am #44605
    Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
    Keymaster

What a big warm lush pad. Can you post an audio clip of your attempt? If you’re close it may just need a few key tweaks.

September 9, 2021 at 6:15 am #44615
    Loek BakkerLoek Bakker
    Participant

If you have the Juno in your version of Arturia V Colllection, I think it should be really easy, in fact even some presets could work with some minor tweaking. I use the TAL emulation of the Juno and it has a lot of pads that sound close to yours

September 13, 2021 at 7:52 am #44659
    Seb RattansenSeb Rattansen
    Participant

Thanks for helping guys. I’ve attached a recreation. It’s probably less than 60% of the way there on reflection, haha!

And I will check out the Juno. I don’t have it in my current collection but may upgrade if it makes the right sound!

Attachments:
    September 15, 2021 at 10:06 am #44681
    Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
    Keymaster

Try this:

1. Play a chord. It sounds like you’re playing a single low note and a single higher note. But the example is playing full chords. That’s going to make it far richer as the close notes rub against each other for a more lush thick sound.

2. Raise the cutoff a bit to make a little brighter.

3. Bump up the res a bit to give it more point.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.