• June 7, 2020 at 2:16 am #35577
    Richard MillerRmiller91
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVZpHFXcFJw [ True damage – Giants ]

Hey everyone,

Love the look of the forum

Synth appears at 13 seconds (Sounds like strings)

2nd synth – the heavy bass at the same time stamp.

EXTRA BONUS POINTS: 2:13 any ideas on bass, glitch and cool metallic effect

Thanks for your help! Really appreciate any help

Looking for some information on how to craft this

June 9, 2020 at 1:01 am #35629
      Richard MillerRmiller91
      Participant
        June 18, 2020 at 8:40 am #35768
        Richard MillerRmiller91
        Participant
          July 15, 2020 at 4:39 pm #36128
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

Sorry for the delayed response on this! Try starting with this:

STRING PATCH

Oscillator: Saw wave. 3-voice unison with mild detune (just enough to smear the sound) and narrow width.

Amp Envelope: Quick attack, around 50 ms. This creates that bowed sound.

Filter: Low Pass, 24 dB. Bring the cutoff down far enough to take the bright edge off the top, but still allow for a bright string-like timbre. Boost the res a bit to narrow the tone. Then crank the Filter’s drive. If there is no drive you can try adding a warm overdrive effect.

Reverb: We’re going for mild ambience here, making it sound a bit like it’s in a room. So a very small size, and just a little wet.

Panning: It sounds like it’s jumping around a bit, though it’s hard to hear due to the dense mix. Try routing the LFO to panning and experiment with it.

BASS

It sounds like a distorted sub bass. Try a saw wave, through a 24 dB Low Pass filter, with the cutoff way down to create a sub bass. Then crank the Drive as high as you can. This will bring out that warm saturation. Then turn up the amp attack a little bit. I think it has some of that same bowed vibe as the string patch.

July 16, 2020 at 2:46 am #36151
            Richard MillerRmiller91
            Participant

Thanks so much for the reply. I’ll give it a go later when I get home.

Cheers!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.