September 7, 2018 at 2:00 pm #19811
I’m not sure if it’s some sort of guitar sound or a synth to emulate a guitar sound but if anyone has some knowledge on this that would be awesome. Love the production on this especially when the drums come in and just slaps!
I appreciate the help!September 19, 2018 at 2:02 pm #20244
Are you talking about the sound that comes in right at the beginning?September 19, 2018 at 3:51 pm #20249
Yes. The main sound (not the flute playing in the background).September 21, 2018 at 12:07 pm #20309
I like this sound. I’m willing to bet it’s a guitar, running through a bunch of effects. But this isn’t Guitorial.com, it’s Syntorial.com so let’s make it with a synth!!!!!
How It’s Made
- Synth: Primer
- Oscillators: We’re going to use FM to create a metallic, guitar-string tone.
- Osc 1: Sine wave
- Osc 2: Square wave, Semi 19, FM maxed
- Noise: -15 dB. This will help create that noisy vinyl-esque quality
- Filter: Band pass, Cutoff 0.59, Res 0.84, Key maxed. This will create a narrow sound by cutting off some lows and highs, and the key tracking will make the higher notes brighter
- Unison: 2 voices, Detune 0.08, Spread at Noon. This will widen our sound and add some movement
- LFO: Destination volume, Triangle wave, fast Rate (I have it set to 1/32nds at 80 bpm), and heavy amount around 0.84. Enable trigger. This creates the intense wobbling.
- Amp Envelope: Attack 11ms to soften the attack transient, and Release 3800ms to create a long tail
- Voices: Poly, 6 voices. This way the tails of each note ring out over each other
- Velocity: Route to volume with pretty heavy mod amount. This way we can play the lower notes quieter, and the higher notes louder
- Reverb: Size 0.57, Mix 50/50. Pretty heavy and medium sized reverb to create a really wet sound
- This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: Added LFO destination
You must be logged in to access attached files.September 21, 2018 at 1:53 pm #20314
Man, you are a wizard! This is dope!September 28, 2018 at 6:44 pm #20483darrensmithParticipant
Amazing Joe! Sorry what is the destination for LFO1?September 28, 2018 at 7:56 pm #20489
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.