• May 13, 2020 at 9:11 am #35111
    Sascha KnochSashman87
    Participant

Hi there,

happy to learn with Syntorial and improve my Skills with synthesis! Currently I am trying to apply the basic insights of syntorial with other Plugins and Synthesizer to fully understand how it can be applied.

While I am using the app I have my Deepmind 6 next to me and try to recreate the sounds with the Deepmind 6 controls. I totally get that all synthesizer slightly differ from each other, however I wondered how I could recreate the Filter Envelope from Lesson 5.

The Deepmind has an analogue VCF and I can control VCO ADSR, Filter Frequency (which I consider to be similar as the Cutoff), Resonance, Envelope (I guess only linked to the LFO Level), LFO Level (linked to two separate LFOs with Rate and Delay Time Settings) and “Keyboard”. It appears the Envelope cannot be linked to the Cutoff, only to the VCF LFO Level.

Is there a workaround similar to how the Filter Envelope is used in Syntorial?

Thanks a bunch!

Best wishes!

Attachments:
      May 28, 2020 at 9:01 am #35385
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delayed response!

In the envelope section, hit the VCF button and that will allow you to set the filter envelope’s settings. Then, in the VCF section, turn up the Env fader to set the filter envelope amount. And then yes, the VCF’s frequency setting is the same as cutoff.

May 28, 2020 at 9:22 am #35392
        Sascha KnochSashman87
        Participant

Hey Joe,

that is super awesome thanks for lighen that up. It seems kinda obvious now that the controls work that way. Live and Learn I guess :)!

Thanks for the great work, keep it up and stay healthy!

Best,

Sascha

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.