• December 4, 2021 at 6:04 am #45942
    Steven RockettSteven Rockett
    Participant

I had very challenging run through the fourth chapter of Syntorial (Expanding your basic sound) where it demonstrates using two oscillators. I just couldn’t figure out which waveform was being used, and even had trouble hearing whether one or two oscillators were being used. Does anyone have tips?

December 4, 2021 at 5:30 pm #45949
      Dean OlinDean Olin
      Participant

I also had trouble with this. I found it helps to play notes in different octaves, as this often gives away the square sound, which has a bit more bass to it in the low registers, and a flute-like sound in the higher registers, especially the pure square. This especially gets harder once you start to add in filters etc…. I still get it wrong a lot. Keep practicing though, it does get easier.

January 6, 2022 at 9:35 am #46487
        Marlon OrdonezMarlon Ordonez
        Participant

I also had trouble with this. I found it helps to play notes in different octaves, as this often gives away the square sound, which has a bit more bass to it in the low registers, and a flute-like sound in the higher registers, especially the pure square. This especially gets harder once you start to add in filters etc…. I still get it wrong a lot. Keep practicing though, it does get easier.

I am struggling a ton with this myself which is why I came on here.

I like the tip of playing the keys in different octaves.

Do you recommend just doing the same challenges over and over again until they become easier??

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.