January 23, 2019 at 1:34 pm #23422Tyler SmithParticipant
Hello! My first post in the community and I’m very excited to talk and learn about synthesis with you all 🙂
That being said… the forum/community section is horrible, for a few big reasons that stand out to me immediately:
1. I couldn’t find ANY way to get to the community section from the homepage of the website, there’s no community button in the header either. After searching for a while, I just ended up typing in syntorial.com/community to finally get here.
2. It seems like the forums were threw together quickly but not looked at or used again… but that doesn’t seem to be the case upon further inspection. This patch-share forum is still active, but no other forums exist and the layout is so bad that I really struggled to figure out what I was looking at. There needs to be at the very least a general discussion board. (is it supposed to look like this? )
3. The titles are too big to properly scroll and read with ease, some text is so small that I can hardly read it, and I couldn’t find a button to submit a new topic. Obviously I found this form at the bottom of the page, but it blends in with the background way too well. It feels like everything in this forum (including the community itself) is hidden.
Look at Image-Lines forums for example: https://forum.image-line.com/?_ga=2.137862576.1056772696.1548111462-1608488837.1544396019
While it may be basic and lacking in flair, it’s easy to use and see many topics at once with the relevant information.
I apologize if I’m coming off too strongly here, I was just so surprised that the homepage was designed so well and stumbling across and this forum seems.. abandoned or amateur. I’d be happy to help with fleshing out more topics in the forum if need be :pJanuary 23, 2019 at 1:37 pm #23424Tyler SmithParticipant
So on my bigger 1080p monitor I can see the borders in between posts (which were hidden on my 1440×900 secondary) as well as read the authors of topics and the information, which is good but makes it very hard to browse on my secondary while working on my primary. I hope this information helps in making the forum more accessible to everyone.January 23, 2019 at 3:59 pm #23435Joe HanleyKeymaster
Thanks for the feedback.
1. Already on the to-do list. Will be putting it in the top header
2. The Patch Forum is the only forum currently. We may add a general discussion forum if there’s a demand for it.
3. I hadn’t thought about this, but now that you mention it, the titles do seem too big. Especially compared to other forums. I’ll tinker with this.
So on my bigger 1080p monitor I can see the borders in between posts (which were hidden on my 1440×900 secondary) as well as read the authors of topics and the information, which is good but makes it very hard to browse on my secondary while working on my primary.
I’m not sure what you mean exactly. Can you post screenshots from both of your monitors so I can see the difference?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.