• March 19, 2020 at 6:32 pm #33448
    Jason Drewjasondrew
    Participant

Hi,

I know this may be simple for some of you but I would love some help with this sound (synth comes in around 1:10).

The lead has a cool voice/talkbox quality to it that I really like.

Thanks I appreciate the help!

March 20, 2020 at 8:13 am #33452
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Try starting with this:

Osc: Two oscillators, both set to pulse wave, with a thin pulse width. Play around with the pulse width setting until you get the timbre you like. Detune the two oscillators away from each other about 2 cents. This will create a slow flanging effect.

Filter: Low Pass. Turn the cutoff down enough to take off a small amount of highs, then turn up the resonance pretty high. The combination of the cutoff, resonance and pulse wave will create the vocal-style quality, so play around with those three settings until you get the sound you’re looking for. Turn up key tracking a bit to brighten up the higher notes a little.

Voices: Mono, with legato mode enabled, and a little portamento so that the notes have a subtle bend between each other. The legato mode is important for the…

Amp Envelope: Quick attack around 75 ms so that quick little fade in happens at the beginning of each note. But thanks to the legato above, this should only happen on the first note of a line, as long you connect the notes within that line (aka play in a legato fashion).

LFO: Fast triangle wave modulating the pitch to create a pitch vibrato. Use the mod wheel to control the LFO amount to go between no vibrato and subtle vibrato.

March 20, 2020 at 9:28 am #33455
        Jason Drewjasondrew
        Participant

You are a true gentleman. Thank you for taking the time to help me out!

This will be fun to play with during quarantine.

Thanks again and stay safe!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags