• November 7, 2018 at 12:39 pm #21469
    markypencilmarkypencil
    Participant

I would love to know how to make the synth that shows from the feet beginning of the song. I would also love to know how to shift the envelopes to evolve the sound as well!! Would love your help guys!!

January 8, 2019 at 8:19 pm #22990
    markypencilmarkypencil
    Participant

I use massive,sylenth, and preferrably serum if you guys can help! much love!!

January 14, 2019 at 2:57 pm #23163
    Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
    Keymaster

Try starting with this:

• Osc 1: Saw wave. Unison, at least 3 voices, no Width, and Detuned enough to smear the tone without making it sound pitchy
    • Sub Osc: Saw wave. 1 octave below.
    • Amp Envelope: Medium Release around 500 ms to give the sound a small tail. Set the Sustain just below Max, and a quick Decay around 180 ms, to subtly emphasize the attack transient (which we’ll be creating with the Filter Envelope)
    • Filter: Low Pass, 24 dB. Decent amount of Resonance. Lots of Drive to really saturate the tone. Cutoff down pretty far, about 150 Hz, to prepare for the…
    • Filter Envelope: 0 Sustain with Decay and Release around 340 ms. Then increase the mod amount until the attack transient (the “pluck”) sounds like it does in the recording. To mimic how the pluck gets brighter as the song progresses, just slowly increase the Cutoff via a mod wheel, automation, etc
    • Reverb: Big hall, full width, but only about 15% wet. We want the sound very up-front with the giant reverberation pushed back behind it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags