• June 18, 2021 at 12:06 pm #43458
    Akindele Akinbanjoakindeleakinbanjo
    Participant

Hi Guys, Could you please show me how to recreate the sound on the Ray Parker Jnr song Its your night it start at 0.12 mins for a few seconds Then it appears at 0.20 mins also 0.23 mins again its not the Bass or the guitar I feel its some kind of Moog Please help thank you

July 2, 2021 at 10:52 am #43886
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Try this:

Oscillator: Saw

Filter: 24 dB Low Pass. Lots of Res, and boost the Drive if available to get a warmer analog-ish sound. Then bring the Cutoff down about halfway, so that you can modulate it with…

Filter Envelope: Here’s where you’ll create the horn shape. You want a quick Attack around 140 ms. That gives you the juicy horn-style attack transient (especially with the Filter Res turned up). Then bring the Sustain down to 0 and set a medium Decay around 2 seconds.

Amp Envelope: Subtle Release, around 70 ms, so that you don’t get a too-abrupt cut at the end of the notes.

Delay: A little wet, with fast 1/16th notes, and modest Feedback.

September 23, 2021 at 8:43 am #44776
        Akindele Akinbanjoakindeleakinbanjo
        Participant

Hi Joe, Many thanks for your response you really have been help for. I hope that anytime you need help someone will be there to help you.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.