• February 12, 2020 at 1:12 pm #32675
    Λεωνίδας ΚουλούκηςLeonidas
    Participant

the string like sound that plays on the first 14 seconds of the track
      could you please assist me in recreating it??

February 12, 2020 at 2:33 pm #32679
      Participant

this is the song

February 19, 2020 at 8:59 am #32755
        Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
        Keymaster

Reminds me of a classic Vangelis-style pad. Try starting with this:

Oscillator: Pulse Wave. Several voices of Unison (I went with 5), Detuned enough to create a bit of pitch wobble, and max out the Unison width so it’s fully wide. Then modulate the pulse width with an LFO, at a pretty fast rate. This will set up the synth-string sound.

Amp Envelope: Medium attack, around 800-900 ms. Reduce the Sustain down to about half, and set up a slow Decay/Release around 5 seconds. This will create a gentle but quick swell in, and gentle decline. This too will help create a string-like feel.

Filter: Low Pass, 24 dB. Turn the Cutoff pretty far down and boost the Res a lot. Tweak these settings until the low notes sound about right. They should be round and kind of narrow sounding. If you have a Drive setting, crank it all the way to get as much saturation and warmth as possible. Then turn up the Key Tracking so that the higher notes are brighter than the lower notes.

Chorus: Decent amount of Mix, around 50/50, but keep the Chorus gentle. We just want a smearing effect on the sound.

Reverb: Big and Wet. Drown the sound in reverb. I went with 100% wet, and big size.

March 9, 2020 at 10:28 am #33245
          Participant

thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.