• May 31, 2022 at 6:39 am #48129
    Benjamin LuoBenjamin Luo
    Participant

How do I recreate that guitar/piano-y snyth in kiss me more (the one doing the arpeggiated chords)? I got a snippet of just the synth itself here

The guy originally plays it on a nord stage 3. Curious if there’s a preset there already… but I don’t have a nord stage 3 🙁

All I can tell is there a band pass centred around 1k hz and pitch vibrato (which is variable and only apples to the top notes, not the bass notes)

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: Youtube embed
      June 1, 2022 at 9:50 am #48159
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

While you could probably get close with a synth, if you really want that sound, you’re better off going with a guitar sample. It looks like they either recorded an actual guitar, or used a guitar sample, and then sped it up to get that unnatural wobbly tone.

June 4, 2022 at 7:13 am #48216
        Benjamin LuoBenjamin Luo
        Participant

Thanks for your reply 🙂 I will try it with a guitar sample. But if I were to try and make a synth out of it what would you suggest?

I can get that mild plucky sound with a quick decay on the volume envelope and the cutoff envelope. Get some pitch vibrato on it, some chorus, cut out the high and lows. Anything else?

June 10, 2022 at 12:48 pm #48292
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

I think the key will be in the waveform. If possible, use a Wavetable synth, and choose a string-based wavetable. Then use an envelope to slowly modulate the wavetable position, as that will give you a more real-instrument sample-ish kind of sound. It will require a lot of tweaking in terms of choosing the right wavetable and then choosing the right start and end position for the modulation, but I bet you’ll get close.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags