• March 10, 2021 at 4:29 am #41221
    David de HartoghDavid de Hartogh
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I’m trying to recreate this track but I can’t properly figure out the patch of the synth starting right at the beginning. Here is the song:

I’m looking for help specifically in massive, but using the syntorial synth is also okay

I thought it is a wide square wave? A lot of low pass filter + reverb and delay?

I hope you can help me

Later,
      David

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: Embed YT Vid
      March 19, 2021 at 10:25 am #41501
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

This is a really nice patch, and trickier than it seemed. I got pretty close with the following:

Osc 1: Saw wave

Osc 2: Pulse wave, about medium width. Same volume as osc 1. Combining these two waveforms gives you the fullness of the saw and the organ-esque texture of the pulse.

Osc 3: White Noise

Amp Envelope: Turn up the attack until you start to notice a subtle and quick swell in. Then give it a long release.

Filters: Run in parallel

Filter 1: Run Osc 1 and 2 through this filter. Lowpass, 4-pole. Turn the Cutoff down until you get a nice round sound. Boost the res a little bit.

Filter Envelope: Modulate Filter 1’s cutoff. Use a small amount and increase the attack until you get a subtle bright swell-in on the beginning of each note. Long release.

Filter 2: Run the Noise through this. Bandpass with a fairly narrow bandwidth and hefty resonance. Then adjust the cutoff to somewhere in the mid-range. You’re going for a sort-of bright but narrow and mouthy kind of shape.

Delay: Time around 1/8th (depending on tempo) and a fair amount of feedback so the echoes ring out.

Reverb: Big and modestly wet.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Joe Hanley.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.