• February 5, 2023 at 5:04 pm #51862
    eric howarderic howard
    Participant

Ok I love this lead sound, and i’m still new on my sound design learning journey and don’t know where to start on how to recreate this sound https://youtu.be/vouo_kaUGgU?t=62

I’m really stuck on the wave form part i think. If I knew that i think i could play with my ADSR amp envelope to get it sounding right from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)!

February 7, 2023 at 3:22 am #51878
      dubmethoddubmethod
      Participant

I was experimenting with sync/ring and found the latter better for the job 🙂
        So enable ring mod and tune the carrier’s pitch down with around 115-120ct or 1.2st (semitone).
        Both OSCs are set to SAW (experiment wit PWM for tone bit the SAW sounds the closest to me)
        You’ll need to add a SubOSC as well. Think this can be a good starter.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        February 9, 2023 at 9:31 pm #51918
        eric howarderic howard
        Participant

Wow I would have never thought to use the RM. I’m already way closer to getting it just off that advice alone. It definitely is giving me more of a gritty mettalic noise now i’m using RM. This concept is still a little new to me so i need to play with it and learn a little bit more i think before i get it, but i appreciate the help a lot!

February 13, 2023 at 2:43 pm #51964
          dubmethoddubmethod
          Participant

Glad that helped, mate. You might need to play with the osc tuning… No worries 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.