November 3, 2018 at 12:49 pm #21370aurabrasienParticipant
I am new to the forum and after seeing all the buzz decided to ask for a helpin’ hand in pinpointing one particular patch.
Recently I came across a really refreshing sounding main synth lead (that’s what you get for googleing “Cool Music” I guess..).
The original song is Tristam & Braken – Flight.
Here is a link to hear it in action:
Would be cool to try and recreate it in Primer, but any other synth is welcome too.November 19, 2018 at 11:35 am #21713Joe HanleyKeymaster
This is a nice straight-forward lead. Simple but potent.
How It’s Made
- Synth: Primer
- Oscillators. Osc 1 Square wave. Sub Osc (1 octave below) also Square wave, with a volume that’s quieter than Osc 1, so that the higher Osc 1 pitch is louder than the Sub
- Filter: Low Pass. The Cutoff starts around Noon, and is gradually turned during the beginning of the track, until it’s at Max for the full bright patch
- LFO: Destination Pitch. Fast Rate (1/16th with BPM at 80). Small amount so that we just get vibrato, but it is a little bit more aggressive than your typical vibrato so a little extra amount will feel good here
- Voice: Legato voice mode, with a little bit of Portamento. This will smooth connected notes together, and when we do larger note jumps you’ll hear the quick Portamento slide in the pitch
- Reverb: Big size, small Mix, so that our sound is still pretty dry and up front, but we hear the big cavernous ambience behind it
You must be logged in to access attached files.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.