• December 25, 2018 at 8:02 pm #22660
    Tatsuya Nakahiratatsuyanakahira
    Participant

I want to recreate atmospheric pad sound in this song.
      Could you remake this noise or advice to me if you can?

January 4, 2019 at 10:17 am #22787
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

There are a few layers in this one. Here’s a suggestion on how to start:

1. Three oscillators.

• Osc 1: Thin Pulse wave. Unison, at least 3 voices, fairly aggressive Detune. This is the main body of the timbre.
        • Osc 2: Sine wave. 1 Octave higher than Osc 1. This will add in that high end shine.
        • Osc 3: Sine wave. Will modulate this one’s pitch with an LFO to create that wobble layer

2. Filter: Band Pass. You only need to apply this to Osc 1, as the others are Sines with no top end to remove. Set the Cutoff so you’re taking off more lows than highs. It should sound slightly rounded and very light. Use Resonance to sharpen the cut if needed.

3. Amp Envelope: Medium Release so that the notes fade when you let go of the keys.

4. LFO: Route to Osc 3 pitch. Triangle or Sine wave. Set the Rate so you can hear the movement but it’s still quick. Set the Amount high enough to create a pronounced wobble.

5. Chorus: Simple washy chorus. Using Serum I just turned it on and left it at the default settings.

6. Reverb: Big and Wet. Medium hall, 50% wet.

7. Delay: We want a noticeable 1/8 note delay. 50% wet. Wide spread. This way we hear the initial played chord in the center, and then a noticeable delay in the left and right sides.

January 5, 2019 at 3:40 am #22823
        Tatsuya Nakahiratatsuyanakahira
        Participant

Thank you very much for helping me!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags