• October 21, 2020 at 1:24 pm #38052
    Anonymous

Hello people,

Does anyone know how to create the gated synth from Blinded by the Lights by The Streets. Preferably in Massive or Sylenth1. Thanks in advance.

October 21, 2020 at 7:25 pm #38058
      Jonathan EppeleJonathan Eppele
      Participant

Hi there,

Post a link to the track with a time stamp of the patch and I’ll be happy to help 🙂

November 6, 2020 at 2:20 pm #38260
        Participant

I took a listen to the track, and here’s what I came to:

Osc: Saw.

Unison: 6 voices, give it enough detune to smear the patch but not enough to sound pitchy. Full stereo. Keep Retrig (Start) off.

Filter: Low Pass, 24dB. Just to shave off a little high end, nothing too drastic here.

LFO: I used a medium pulse wave as my waveform, and routed it to volume. This gives the gate effect you’re looking for. I had my rate set as 1/8D in Sylenth. If you decide to recreate this patch somewhere else, be sure to keep the LFO in Mono Trigger mode, to sync up the notes, but have it restart whenever you play a note.

Polyphony: 2 voices.

One final thing: I notice in the track that the low notes are louder than the high notes. To make up for this, I routed Key Tracking to volume and cranked it in the negative direction (this way, higher notes sound quieter and lower notes sound louder). It could also be done, theoretically, with velocity, but for the purposes of performance, I find that Key Tracking makes the patch easier to play.

Hope this helps!

December 10, 2020 at 2:05 pm #39137
          henri victorioushenri victorious
          Participant

Can someone PM me this patch? TIA!

January 8, 2021 at 12:35 pm #40111
            Participant

Sorry for getting to you so late. This is the patch, recreated in Sylenth1.

Attachments:
              January 13, 2021 at 3:51 am #40179
              Anonymous

Thank you, it’s much appreciated!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags