• November 24, 2020 at 5:29 am #38592
    Antoine AllainAntoine Allain
    Participant

Dear Community,

New to syntorial, I really enjoy this hugely powerful tool!

While I’m going further through syntorial steps, I enjoy trying recreate sounds I love to understand how to achieve this or that kind of sound. This one is by far one of my favorite : you can clearly hear the concerned sound at 5 minutes in Robert Apetrei’s song.

I’ve been through serum for this one, the closer result I had even if it is far from the sound is with combining a saw and the digital waveform “anti-statis”, but i can’t figure it out how to reproduce this kind of voice sound.

I’ll be grateful for any help on this one and remain at disposal for any further information.

December 8, 2020 at 12:32 pm #39091
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delayed response! Try this:

Oscillator: Thin Pulse Wave. 3-Voice Unison, with 0 Width, and a mild amount of Detune just enough to make it washy with a little movement.

Filter: 24 dB Band Pass. Set the Cutoff to right around Noon, not too bright, not too round. Decent amount of Res to really shape the sound and give it that vowel-esque voice sound.

LFO: Triangle wave, routed to the Filter Cutoff. Very slow, and a very small amount of modulation. This will very subtly move the vowel quality up and down, and with that change bring out even more of the voice attribute.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Joe Hanley.
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Joe Hanley.
        December 13, 2020 at 2:56 pm #39169
        Antoine AllainAntoine Allain
        Participant

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your advices.

Indeed i’m getting a closer with those parameters than my previous attempt. I added hyper/dimension fx on serum with a meticulous EQing and I sound similar. However, I feel like that vowel-esque is not bring by multiple voices and resonance.

My skills does not allow me to say if it is the case. It might be multiple patches include the one you recommend me to use… or merely a patch of this kind with a choir sample.

I’ll keep going my experiments and will post something here if I end with something very similar !

Thank you again,

Antoine

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.