August 29, 2020 at 1:31 am #37059Dekunut99Participant
Hey, everyone! First time poster here. I’ve been trying to recreate the sound in the recurring pattern that starts around 0:56 in the video below:
I know that he uses a lot of modular synths, so I don’t expect to replicate it, but I can’t seem to create anything even close.
September 4, 2020 at 11:28 am #37205Joe HanleyKeymaster
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by Dekunut99.
Cool patch! You can hear a brighter version of it a few seconds before which is helpful in figuring it out. Try this:
- Waveform: Saw
- Unison: Four voices with Detune turned up enough to make it a little aggresive. 50% Width/Spread.
- Type: Lowpass
- Slope: 12 dB
- Cutoff: Turn down until you get the right amount of roundness.
- Res: Bring it up a bit to shape the sound and make it poke out a bit
- Drive: If available, boost it heavily to bring in some serious warmth. This will also be achieved with a warm distortion (see below) so if you don’t have Drive, it’s ok.
- Description: A quick horn shape.
- Quick Attack around 100 ms. This creates the horn-like attack. If your synth allows you to set the curve of the attack stage, make it so that it’s not perfectly straight but instead dips down in the middle a bit. Often referred to as “exponential”. This helps create the very sudden “swoop” attack
- Sustain: 0
- Very fast Decay/Release: 60 ms
- Type: Tube-style. Something warm.
- Drive/Amount: Pretty heavy. Between this and the Filter Drive you want a sound that’s warm, and also breaks up a bit. Kind of dirty. This may be achieved with one or both, but I found a combination sounds nice./li>
- Size: Medium. Like a small Hall.
- Wet: Wet enough to be heard, but not so wet that it consumes the sound. Reverb from a distance
- Dampening: Bring down the highs a bit to create a round and warm reverb
- Mode: Mono
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.