• February 18, 2023 at 6:32 pm #52029
    Michael FreidmanMichael Freidman
    Participant

I’ve been racking my brain trying to recreate the siren synth that plays in the intro here, right at the beginning. I’ve been trying stuff like sawtooth/ squarish wave + pitch LFO modulation + distortion+ reverb, but no matter what I can’t get close enough in quality to that sound. I’m pretty sure the artist made it in Reason’s subtractor synth, and I’m using Serum. Something I’ve noticed is that this synth sounds out of tune, since I can’t seem to pinpoint the exact notes it’s playing. I’m wondering if there’s some extra pitch modulation going on that I’m not picking up on. Any advice?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: Youtube embed
      March 3, 2023 at 10:34 am #52238
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

The pitch bending is so different from note to note I’m guessing that it’s manually edited in the DAW. As for the tone:

Oscillator: Saw

Filter: Band Pass 24 dB. A little bit of Res to narrow the band a little. Bring the Cutoff down a bit. Then crank the Drive. This is what will make it aggressive and kind of fat. You’ll have to really mess around with Cutoff, Res, and Drive until you get it right.

Delay: A little wet and wide.

Reverb: A little wet and medium size.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags