• September 4, 2020 at 2:15 pm #37208
    Maciek Niedzielamaciekniedziela
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’ve been trying to cover this song for practice but I keep getting stuck trying to recreate this sound. As the song moves out of the intro there’s this fill at 00:18 consisting of 6 hits. Any idea how to recreate them, assuming its synthesized? I’m using Serum but any general tips would be greatly appreciated!

September 11, 2020 at 1:50 pm #37335
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Might be a guitar. But it has such a crunchy digital vibe that you can get it with a synth. Try this:

Oscillator

• Waveform: Saw
        • Unison: Six voices with Detune turned up enough to make it aggressive and almost a little out-of-tune. 50% Spread/Width

Amp Envelope

• Description: A short tail
        • Release: Quick but noticeable. Around 220 ms

Filter:

• Type: Bandpass
        • Slope: 12 dB
        • Cutoff: Set it so that you’re taking more lows off than highs. It’s a bright and kind of small sound.
        • Res: Maybe have to boost it a bit, depending on the synth. This is to help determine how narrow the sound will be.

Distortion

• Type: Tube-style, though others may work
        • Drive/Amount: Pretty heavy. Really break up the sound, to get the distorted guitar vibe

Reverb

• Size: Medium. Like a small Hall.
        • Wet: Wet enough to be heard after the note ends, but not so wet that it consumes the sound.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.