• September 22, 2020 at 2:34 pm #37597
    Silvano JudSilvano Jud
    Participant

Hi there, I’m new here and currently try to challange myself a little bit with recreating synth patches…

I’m stuck with this one from this PAD at 02:00:

This is how far I came up to now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jcgjmgtzcs

I have two problems:
      NO: I actually don’t have a lot of knowledge about music theory so I have no clue how this pad was played… I tried to extract some notes with abletons Audio to harmony function but I think the key is not 100% perfect?

What I’m missing here?

Would be awesome to hear some thoughts and maybe help.

Much appreciated.
      Cheers Silvano

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: YT Embed
      September 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm #37721
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Hi Silvano

The youtube link for your attempt says you removed the video. Can you re-post so I can take a listen at your attempt?

October 5, 2020 at 7:13 am #37809
        Silvano JudSilvano Jud
        Participant

Hello Joe

Thanks for your response!! If I just have the chance now, I wanted to say thank you for creating all the tools, audible genius and also synthorial, its simply amazing!

I deleted the video from YT but I uploaded it on my dropbox, I hope the link is visible?

Synth Pad

October 7, 2020 at 2:59 pm #37841
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

You’re very welcome!!

You’re pretty close, nice work. The main difference I’m hearing is in the filter movement. The original version has a more pronounced filter decay. Try increasing the resonance, bringing the sustain down, and increasing the filter envelope amount. This will make the sound brighter in the beginning to get that washy bright attack, and then also create a more dramatic downward filter swell.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags