– Osc 1: Square. The main tone.
– Osc 2: Sine. This adds some body to the tone. It should be a little quieter than Osc 1.
– Osc 3: Triangle, 1 octave down. The volume can be around the same as Osc 1, but you may have to tweak it.
2. Unison: Two voices, very little detune, full stereo width. We’re just using this to widen the sound, and provide a touch of smearing.
3. Filter: Low Pass, 24 dB. Bring the cutoff pretty far down. We want a nice round tone, almost kind of organ-like. Boost the res a bit. And modulate the cutoff with…
4. Filter Envelope: We’ll use this to create the attack transient, creating the pluck effect. Set Sustain to 0, and make the Decay really fast, around 90 ms. Then bring up the amount until you hear the plucky attack transient. The higher the amount, the brighter the pluck.
5. Amp Envelope: We’ll use this to emphasize the attack transient. Set the Sustain to about halfway, and the Decay to fast, but a little slower than the filter envelope decay, around 170 ms. Then bring up the overall volume of the synth. Now you should have a pretty aggressive pluck.
6. Reverb: Very big, but just a touch of wetness.