• October 11, 2022 at 9:03 pm #49928

Hey there, friends!

I’m not entirely sure how to re-create the lead from this track which is clear at the 32 second mark, which sounds a little bit like a buzzing alarm clock:

To me, it sounds like it could be some kind of FM synthesis but I haven’t been able to dial it in quite the same as in the track. Maybe it’s even some kind of filter FM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

October 20, 2022 at 8:58 am #49999
    Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
    Keymaster

Are you referring to the constant arpeggiating sound? Or the lead on top of it?

October 22, 2022 at 8:13 pm #50039

Are you referring to the constant arpeggiating sound? Or the lead on top of it?

Hey Joe, I’m referring to the constant arpeggiating sound that has a buzzing quality to it

October 26, 2022 at 9:49 am #50063
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

It could be FM, perhaps modulating the FM amount with a really fast Triangle LFO.

But I managed to get pretty close pretty quickly with the following:

Oscillator: Thin pulse wave

Amp Envelope: Little bit of release so each note trails off a bit

Filter LFO: Set the Filter to LowPass and modulate the Cutoff with a really fast Triangle LFO. And add a decent amount of Res to give the sound more top edge and make the LFO movement more aggressive. Also add a healthy amount of Key Tracking so the higher notes are brighter than the lower notes. Then tweak the Cutoff and LFO Amount until you get a somewhat bright and fairly dramatic amount of filter movement, but make it darker then you think it should be because…

Distortion: Dial in some distortion to make it brighter, angrier and buzzy.

Reverb: A modest amount of small-ish room. Make it sound like it’s in a basement.

October 27, 2022 at 4:14 am #50071

Wow, thanks Joe! You really are the keymaster.
        After trying what you suggested, I got very close to the sound <3
        I really appreciate you taking the time to look into this for me and for providing me with a well explained response!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags