• May 14, 2021 at 5:41 pm #42676
    Elizabeth MoonElizabeth Moon
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to make this lead sound which starts at 1.02 and progressively opens up throughout the track to 5.42 where it’s at its most open and easiest to hear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

May 26, 2021 at 11:14 am #42958
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

I’m hearing two different leads. The one that starts at 1:02, which has a really vocal-esque style filter. And then a different one at around 3:50 which eventually opens up into a bigger dance-style lead.

Which one are you interested in?

May 26, 2021 at 8:23 pm #42981
        Participant

Hi Joe, I’m interested in the one with the vocal-esque style filter. It has stumped me a bit. I can see much of what I learnt about in Syntorial within the sound but I don’t have the skill yet to synthesise it with any success, Liz

May 28, 2021 at 2:01 pm #43038
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

Try this:

Oscillator: Saw. 2-voice Unison, with just a little Detune, and no Width.

Filter: 24 dB Lowpass, lots of Res, and Cutoff a little above noon, which will then be modulated by…

LFO: Very slow Triangle Wave with a decent amount of mod amount.

Amp Envelope: Medium Attack to create a subtle swell-in, and a long-ish Release so the note drifts off.

Voices: Mono with a little Portamento.

Distortion: Pretty heavy amount. The LFO-modulated Cutoff will interact with this in interesting ways, especially since the Res is boosted. Play around with Distortion, Cutoff, Res, and LFO mod amount until you get the right interplay.

Reverb: Big size, pretty Wet.

May 29, 2021 at 11:03 am #43046
            Participant

Thank you for your help. I’ve been experimenting on Serum and I’ve got quite close. Going to try it on a couple of other synths now 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.