• October 10, 2020 at 6:00 pm #37896
    Patricia Gilpatriciagil
    Participant

Hello!
      I’ve been trying to figure out the chord synth at the beginning of the song. any recommendations?

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Jonathan Eppele. Reason: Fixed Embed
      October 14, 2020 at 5:44 pm #37964
      Jonathan EppeleJonathan Eppele
      Participant

Hi there,

Gave this recreation a shot and got something pretty close. Here’s how I did it:

Osc: Saw.

Sub Osc: Square. Turn it down so it’s noticeable but doesn’t overtake the saw sound.

Filter: Band Pass, 24 db. Turn it down to a setting with quite a bit of lows left in. I thought it was Low Pass at first, but I found there was too much low end left in, and I wasn’t getting the right-sounding filter movement. More on that incoming…

Filter Envelope: Very, very fast attack, followed by a somewhat slow decay. This helps you get that horn attack present in the sound.

Resonance: Turn it up a little, just to make the movement more noticeable.

Chorus: There’s some shimmering movement in this patch, and I believe it comes from chorus. Give it a somewhat slow rate, but to increase the intensity of the pulsation, turn up the depth knob, if possible.

Let me know if this helps!

P.S. I really like the song 🙂

October 15, 2020 at 4:42 pm #37976
        Patricia Gilpatriciagil
        Participant

Thank you so much!

Glad you like the song.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.