• November 18, 2020 at 10:26 pm #38517
    Ahmed Hegazyakhegazy
    Participant

Hey, I’m try to recreate the synth that starts at 1:20 to 1:28 (beneath the main synth line). I tried doing an arpeggiated sawtooth that moves across the chromatic scale and added reverb and delay but can’t seem match it. Can someone help with this?

November 19, 2020 at 11:03 pm #38533
      Jonathan EppeleJonathan Eppele
      Participant

According to your description you’re already pretty close. There’s a few subtle changes here to give that “tight” sound of the patch.

Osc: Saw.

Filter: Band Pass, 12 dB. Set pretty low. Usually for leads you would use a 24 dB filter slope, but I found that this shape was too narrow. Using the 12 dB helped give the fuller sound while still cutting out the necessary lows and highs.

You might think with the wide range of notes that the cutoff would need Key Tracking. Personally, I didn’t find this necessary.

Reverb: Small mix, small room. Don’t give it enough reverb to muddy the sequence.

Delay: About 70-30 Dry-Wet, 1/2 time. Experiment with the feedback until you find the ringing out you’re looking for.

By the way, this isn’t a chromatic scale. I can’t quite figure out the exact sequence of notes, but it’s close to an F minor scale, starting at F3 and ending at C7.

Hope this helps!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.