• January 8, 2019 at 1:16 pm #22981
    Ryan BentRyan Bent
    Participant

I’m trying to recreate this patch chord stab
      https://soundcloud.com/dariusofficial/omeo#t=0:35. If doesn’t take you to the correct time. The sound I’m trying to re-create is @ 35secs in.

I have Sylenth1. I don’t know where to begin, as I’m just now learning the basics in Syntorial.

I also have Serum, but trying to learn Sylenth1 first.

January 9, 2019 at 12:14 pm #23006
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

I love patches that are both lush and hard-hitting. Sylenth1 is a great choice for this as its filter can create a nice saturated analog tone. Start with this:

• Oscillator: Saw. At least 6 voices with enough Detune that it’s not only lush, but also sounds just a bit pitchy. Turn of Retrig so you don’t get a pointed attack transient. And turn down Stereo so that it’s still wide, but mostly contained around the center.
        • Filter: Low Pass, 24 dB. Give it a lot of Drive to get a saturated, fat, analog tone. The Cutoff will be the trickiest to get just right, but you can start around 1:00. Then crank the Resonance to really shape and point the sound
        • Delay: 1/16th Rate for both L and R (at 112 bpm). Turn Ping Pong off as we want the delays to be even on both sides. When you turn it off you’ll lose the width. To get it back turn Smear and Width all the way up. Back off the Dry/Wet a bit so you have more Dry and the sound is still up front.
        • Reverb: Turn down the size to about a medium hall (11:00). Back off the Dry/Wet for the same reasons as Delay. And then turn up the PreDelay a bit, which will help the Reverb separate from the Dry, and again, keep our sound more up front

Occasionally you hear the stab quickly swell in. This is due to sidechain compression from the kick, not any synth parameters.

Feel free to post your attempt here!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.