• July 1, 2019 at 4:54 am #27952
    Andrea Okoandreaok
    Participant

Greetings everyone, how would I recreate the bass in this track exactly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

July 2, 2019 at 1:29 pm #28044
      Colin FowlerColin1970
      Participant

It really sounds like a bass guitar to me but I could be wrong.

July 5, 2019 at 6:00 am #28095
        Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
        Keymaster

Sounds like a synth to me. A couple key ingredients here:

Oscillator 1: Square. Usually these subby basses are Saws, but the use of Square makes this bass a little different

Oscillator 2: Sine, 1 octave up. For those higher notes this won’t make as much of a difference. But for those really low farty notes, the Sine will add body

Filter: Low pass, 24 dB. Turn the Cutoff pretty far down, and then give it some Drive for saturation and warmth

Amp Envelope: A little bit of Release, somewhere around 200 ms. This is one of those very subtle changes that makes the sound feel bigger/fatter.

Voices: Mono

July 5, 2019 at 7:39 pm #28101
          Andrea Okoandreaok
          Participant

Thank you!

March 4, 2020 at 6:05 pm #33202
            Kosi Okolikokob
            Participant

Sounds like a synth to me. A couple key ingredients here:

Oscillator 1: Square. Usually these subby basses are Saws, but the use of Square makes this bass a little different

Oscillator 2: Sine, 1 octave up. For those higher notes this won’t make as much of a difference. But for those really low farty notes, the Sine will add body

Filter: Low pass, 24 dB. Turn the Cutoff pretty far down, and then give it some Drive for saturation and warmth

Amp Envelope: A little bit of Release, somewhere around 200 ms. This is one of those very subtle changes that makes the sound feel bigger/fatter.

Voices: Mono

Reaktor doesn’t have sine waves but can it still be recreated on it?

March 6, 2020 at 9:23 am #33216
              Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
              Keymaster

Reaktor doesn’t have sine waves but can it still be recreated on it?

Really? I’m surprised Reaktor doesn’t have a Sine somewhere.

That being said, the next best thing is a Triangle wave. It’s a little brighter, but since you’re low passing the sound and removing much of the brightness, it should work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags