• October 5, 2018 at 8:07 am #20598
    Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
    Keymaster

This one comes courtesy of one of our esteemed Syntorians, Bill Lear. The trickiest part here is making that grinding sound so forward and aggressive. It feels like there’s 100 nickels banging around in my head. #100nickels

Sound comes in around 1:16.

And here’s a short clip of the bass in isolation: https://www.syntorial.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/DJs-From-Mars-Babylon-Justice.wav

October 8, 2018 at 10:59 am #20667
      dubmethoddubmethod
      Participant

Ooh, this sounds interesting, Joe πŸ™‚ I’m very interested in this one, will find some time to come up with something…

October 9, 2018 at 2:15 pm #20711
        HexspaHexspa
        Participant

Where’s the hint button? I tried every conceivable combination in Massive and couldn’t get it. Something tells me this was made in Serum.

October 10, 2018 at 4:20 am #20718
          dubmethoddubmethod
          Participant

Lol, same thing here, I think this is a different synthesis and there’s also post processing on it.

October 10, 2018 at 12:43 pm #20737
            Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
            Keymaster

I’ve started thinking it might be a percussive sample that’s looped incredibly fast, creating that grinding sound. Maybe that layered with a synth might do it.

October 11, 2018 at 2:53 am #20744
              dubmethoddubmethod
              Participant

Isn’t this FM synthesis plus massive multi band compression?

October 11, 2018 at 9:53 pm #20769
                HexspaHexspa
                Participant

I definitely suspect some FM. The multiband would only bring it forward or change the balance to a degree. After I go through Massive’s wavetables again, I’m going to try combining some ring modulation with Phase to see what I get. I watched a Rocket Powered Sounds tutorial that I recreated in Massive, and post-processing, recently so I know some things can be emulated that way.

Here’s that tutorial:

And my recreation:
                  https://vocaroo.com/i/s1XZ2p1cFWSa

Ok, a couple days later maybe it wasn’t that close. Points for trying.

October 15, 2018 at 5:46 am #20871
                  dubmethoddubmethod
                  Participant

Yeah, exactly was about to get that piggy quality πŸ™‚ Thanks for the tut but can’t hear your sample, it seems to be empty…

October 15, 2018 at 4:35 pm #20896
                    Clinton MontagueClinton Montague
                    Participant

wow. Thanks for posting this. I just levelled up.

October 18, 2018 at 4:14 pm #20953
                      dubmethoddubmethod
                      Participant

sorry mate, i was busy… so this sounds quite good well done πŸ™‚
                        i will try this piggy tut out. now just need that slight vowel curve in filter i think…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.