January 21, 2019 at 10:26 pm #23390José Alberto Urbieta MParticipant
Im trying to get the bass sound that comes in at 0:29
I’ve experimented with distorsion and resonance but I can’t quite get the “throaty” tone of the original bass. I attached the attempt I did in Primer, the sound isn’t quite there so tips on how to get the sound would be more than welcome.
You must be logged in to access attached files.January 22, 2019 at 11:05 am #23402Joe HanleyKeymaster
I see what you mean. I tried recreating it in Primer as well and got something similar to yours. So I tried it in Sylenth1 instead (recording attached) and got closer by making the following changes:
1. Switched the filter slope to 12 dB and used a healthy amount of Res (I set it to about 1:00). The res creates a boost where the “throatiness” should be, while the 12 dB slope allows for more brightness above it. Also…
2. Used a medium pulse wave. Pulse waves have a kind of hollow vibe to them, somewhat similar to a throat. A few other changes:
3. Added a bit of Filter Drive for analogness
4. Increased the Unison voice count to 6
5. Layered in a Sine wave for low end
6. Add a very small and very wet reverb
7. Played it one octave lower than your recording
You must be logged in to access attached files.January 25, 2019 at 11:17 am #23489Joe HanleyKeymaster
In remaking this patch, I found the big difference that slope made really interesting. So I made video on filter slope using this patch as an example.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.