• March 20, 2021 at 5:09 am #41513
    Ludvig HelgessonLudvig Helgesson
    Participant

Hello

First post here on the forum. Trying Syntorial currently and loving it..

I need some help to figure out how to create this bass patch on serum. It’s from the lovely Cristoph track called “Big H”. The bass starts at 2:12.

Thanks in advance

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: Embed YT Vid
      March 26, 2021 at 1:11 pm #41629
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Nice bass patch. Try this:

Oscillator 1: Pulse wave, medium pulse width. 2-voice unison, with enough detune to make it sound a little aggressive. Unison width should be a little wide.

Oscillator 2: Same as Osc 1 but one octave higher

Filter: 24 dB lowpass. Set the Cutoff around noon, and then modulate it with…

Filter Envelope: Zero sustain and really quick decay and release to create an attack transient. Modest mod amount, just enough to create that aggressive pointed attack.

Amp Envelope: Similar pluck shape as filter envelope but with longer decay and release so you can hear the sustain level of the filter envelope (the round tone).

Voices: mono

Delay: 1/8th note delay, and shift the right delay just slightly later so that you hear the delays in stereo. A little wet and a modest amount of feedback. The goal here is to hear the first delay clearly but quietly on the left and right edges of the stereo field.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Joe Hanley.
        March 30, 2021 at 9:28 am #41685
        Ludvig HelgessonLudvig Helgesson
        Participant

Thank you, definetely gonna try this!

I think the amp and filter envelopes was giving me a bit of a hard time. The delay times can be tricky too.

Thanks

May 29, 2021 at 8:43 pm #43053
          Francesco BelfioreFrancesco Belfiore
          Participant

Lovely one, I used to make bassline like this one with Juno-106, the Sound of Chicago!

Actually I do fat basses using MFB VCO/DCO module, beautiful (and cheap) module: following @Joe Hanley notes patch, try to use a single oscillator in DCO mode.

Have fun!
            Best
            fb

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.