• December 31, 2020 at 12:52 am #39715
    emilio palazzoloemilio palazzolo
    Participant

Hi! I’m trying to get the sound that starts at 3:49. I think is a Roland sh-101.

I hope everyone a great 2021!

Thanks a lot,

Emilio

January 8, 2021 at 12:24 pm #40109
      Jonathan EppeleJonathan Eppele
      Participant

Hi Emilio,

Which sound are you referring to? Is it the high-pitched lead? Let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

January 8, 2021 at 1:00 pm #40115
        Participant

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, that’s the one. You can also find it here https://youtu.be/dz_s9Bi-dnU

I think is a square wave, but I’ve noticed he’s using the sub oscillator instead of the regular one. Being a high pitch sounds, does this affect it? I have the Arturia Collection V, which synth would you recommend to emulate better that sound of the sh-101?

Thanks in advance!

January 11, 2021 at 9:03 pm #40161
          Jonathan EppeleJonathan Eppele
          Participant

I watched a video on the SH-101 since I’ve never used it before (embedded below). It seems like you can move the sub oscillator on that synth up and down an octave, so it shouldn’t affect the sound. As for the patch itself:

Osc: A pulse wave. The pulse width should be between a square wave and a medium pulse.

Filter: Low pass, 24 dB. The sound should be round, and depending on whether or not you use key tracking, the filter’s cutoff will have to be pretty set high for those high notes.

Reverb: Pretty wet mix, fairly large room.

LFO: Modulate the pitch for that vibrato. 1/4 time, very small amount.

Portamento: Give your notes a little bit of bending by turning this up. You should be able to hear the transition but it shouldn’t be too long either.

I can’t speak for which synth in Arturia Collection V will give the closest sound since I’ve never used those synths before. But any decent subtractive synth should give you a very close sound to the song’s patch using these settings.

Hope this helps!

January 12, 2021 at 8:52 pm #40176
            Participant

Thanks a lot!!!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.