• September 12, 2019 at 5:58 am #29199
    Tristam BeaulieuEnteri
    Participant

Hi i’ve attempted to make this bass for a while now but i can’t seem to grasp it, i don’t feel confident posting my version of it as i don’t have a lot of confidence yet. thank you for your time

September 18, 2019 at 1:19 pm #29281
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Is it the round paddy bass that starts at the beginning, or grinding bass that drops around 0:30?

September 20, 2019 at 1:03 am #29299
        Tristam BeaulieuEnteri
        Participant

grinding bass at 0:30

September 20, 2019 at 9:51 am #29303
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

These super-grindy patches are always hard to nail exactly, because they’re often using a particular distortion or filter. However, I got pretty close with the following (I’m using Serum):

Oscillators: Two oscillators, one octave apart, with the same settings: Square wave, 4-voice unison with very little Detune, and a bit of Width. Set the lower oscillator to be a little louder than the upper.

Sub Oscillator: Sine wave at the same octave as the lower oscillator. Bypass the filter and effects, to get a pure sine wave.

Noise: Some white noise, layered in so it’s just a little audible

Filter: 24 dB, max Cutoff, crank the Drive

Play a low F# and you’re there. Again, these settings on a different synth may result in a different sound, so it depends on the filter. Also, you can try using a various distortions/waveshapers to get the achieved sound.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.