• April 26, 2019 at 5:02 am #25742
    Colin FowlerColin1970
    Participant

Hi everyone, can someone help me with this very short melody I’m trying to recreate this song but I cannot figure out these high pitch notes and what type of instrument is used from 0:52 to 1:18, I know this group use Vox Phantom electric guitars but it could also be an electric keyboard, so any help with the notes especially would be appreciated and if you could recreate the melody and upload it to Soundcloud or YouTube so I download that would the best way.

April 30, 2019 at 10:03 am #25839
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Sounds like a synth. Try:

Oscillator: Saw

Filter: Low Pass, Cutoff a little above the mid-point, lots of Res, and some Key Tracking to make the higher notes a little brighter than the lower notes

Unison: 2 voice, strong detune to make it wobble a bit

Chorus: 50% mix, medium Rate, to spread it out and and make it a bit washy

Delay: Go for a slapback effect by setting Mix around 50%, the Time to around 1/16th, and the Feedback pretty low so that you only get one or two delays

As for the notes, the pattern is made up of 4 different notes: Two of them are Fs that are one octave apart, and in between an Ab and Bb. And it starts with:

HighF LowF LowF Bb [rest] Ab

May 1, 2019 at 6:07 am #25863
        Colin FowlerColin1970
        Participant

Thanks Joe I didn’t realise there was so much involved in that simple sound, I tried to do it msyelf but it didn’t sound right, and no clue a what those notes were, thanks again, I will upload my version of the song when it’s done.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags