• December 30, 2019 at 12:24 am #31757
    Blank Faceblankface
    Participant

Hi!

The pad I’m trying to recreate is i this track here:

I’ve gotten something sort of close but I haven’t been able to nail down that fluttery high end sound. Anyone have any suggestions on remaking this pad in serum?

Thanks!

January 9, 2020 at 10:42 am #31986
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

There’s a lot of layers in this track. Are you referring to the big washy sound that starts right at the beginning?

January 9, 2020 at 11:08 pm #31996
        Blank Faceblankface
        Participant

There’s a lot of layers in this track. Are you referring to the big washy sound that starts right at the beginning?

Hi Joe,

No, I’m pretty sure that sound right at the start is a reverse cymbal. What I had in mind was the pad in the high end that starts immediately after.

Thank you!

January 10, 2020 at 10:13 am #32006
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

After the cymbal swell, I hear two things:

1. White noise. That’s the big bright “shhh” on the top of the pad. Bit of low pass filtering. Make it wide, maybe with a Chorus effect.

2. Mixed in with that, it sounds like a fluttery choir or vocal sample. Again, make it big and wide (if it’s a choir sample, it may be already). Try applying an LFO modulating the volume to make it flutter.

I’d start with those two layers.

January 12, 2020 at 4:37 pm #32034
            Blank Faceblankface
            Participant

After the cymbal swell, I hear two things:

1. White noise. That’s the big bright “shhh” on the top of the pad. Bit of low pass filtering. Make it wide, maybe with a Chorus effect.

2. Mixed in with that, it sounds like a fluttery choir or vocal sample. Again, make it big and wide (if it’s a choir sample, it may be already). Try applying an LFO modulating the volume to make it flutter.

I’d start with those two layers.

Thank you Joe, I’ll give this a try!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.