• July 5, 2021 at 10:32 am #43933
    Ryan BRyan B
    Participant

I am currently trying to recreate a bass in the style of Boris Brejcha – Reset.
      Here in the video you can hear it solo from around 1:52

I think it’s a saw wave, no filter envelope, a little bit saturation, delay and reverb.
      Somehow I don’t get it the way it did in the original.

Maybe someone can give me some tips!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: Embedded youtube video
      July 23, 2021 at 9:48 am #44136
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Try this:

Oscillator 1: Saw

Oscillator 2: Saw, one octave higher, and much quieter than Osc 1. We’re just adding a subtle higher layer here.

Noise: White noise. Also quieter than Osc 1.

Filter: 24 dB Lowpass. Turn the Cutoff down pretty far to start to get a nice round sound. If your synth has Drive, give that a boost. And turn on/up Key Tracking, making it strong enough that the higher notes are brighter than the lower notes. Then modulate the Cutoff with…

Filter Envelope: Quick Decay around 300 ms and a decent amount of modulation, to create a bright attack transient.

Ambience/Reverb: Very small size, but pretty wet, so it sounds like it’s in a basement.

Then gradually over time, turn up the Cutoff. The bass will get brighter and the Noise will be more noticeable.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.