• March 17, 2020 at 2:58 pm #33358
    Andris CelmsCeland
    Participant

Electus – Who we are

March 17, 2020 at 3:06 pm #33361
      Andris CelmsCeland
      Participant

It’s very low, even and perfectly audible even on cheap cellphone earplugs. I tried to make it in different ways using different waveforms, combined saw with sine, and squere with sine, used low pass filter, drive. I get some nice sub sound, but can’t get it so big, wide and even. No compresion or limiting makes it so good as it is in this song, i have even bassrider from waves, and even then it’s not that even in volume of higher and lower pitch notes.
        The question is: how to make it so wide and even without givimg it any movement?

I use mostly SERUM, so if it’s possible please refer to SERUM

Thanks in advance
        Regards

March 18, 2020 at 11:12 am #33386
        Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
        Keymaster

Wide and solid bass is so tough. Try this:

Osc 1: Sine. 2 voice Unison with 100% width, and 0 Detune. This will create that big wide low end. Yes, each time you play a new key, the nature of that width will change, but, I found it’s always nice and wide and pretty solid, if not always exactly the same.

Osc 2: Any vocal-style wavetable. In Serum, I liked DudaChoir with WT Pos set to around 170. But any male-sounding “EH” will do. 6 voice Unison, with 100% width, a decent amount of Detune. Adjust it’s volume so that it’s layered into the Sine, but the big sine sub sound is still prominent. This will have a lot of movement, but when combined with the Sine above, it creates a nice wall of low sound spread across the stereo field.

Filter: Low Pass, 24 dB. Turn the Cutoff pretty far down, but adjust for taste. Decent amount of Drive.

March 18, 2020 at 1:34 pm #33411
          Andris CelmsCeland
          Participant

It works! Thank you so much! I will post here next time i need help with something.

Regards

March 18, 2020 at 1:44 pm #33413
            Andris CelmsCeland
            Participant

I only didn’t understand the part about 100 width, since in SERUM the width of voices is the knob called ”Detune” so i left it on 0, it works so far.

Regards

March 18, 2020 at 2:54 pm #33415
              Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
              Keymaster

I only didn’t understand the part about 100 width, since in SERUM the width of voices is the knob called ”Detune” so i left it on 0, it works so far.

You can find the Unison width in the Global tab

March 18, 2020 at 3:53 pm #33419
                Andris CelmsCeland
                Participant

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags